"The FracTracker Alliance is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the public’s understanding of the impacts of the global oil and gas industry by collecting, interpreting, and sharing data and visualizations through our website, FracTracker.org. We partner with citizens, organizations and institutions – allied in a quest for objective, helpful information – to perpetuate awareness and support actions that protect public health, the environment, and socioeconomic well-being.
- Believe that data, science, and public participation should and can influence public policy
- Encourage, seek, and accept data from a variety of sources
- Acknowledge the variable quality of data and provide explanatory “metadata” to
- Offer our own analyses, articles, and maps to help promulgate knowledge
- Provide outreach and training to news media, community leaders, students, conservationists,
public health professionals, concerned citizens, and others to encourage use of the website"